Saturday, January 21, 2012

Welcome!

Lima, Peru.  A few years ago all I knew about Peru was that Paddington Bear and his Aunt Lucy were from Peru, and that Pizarro conquered the Incas.  I remember that from a sixth grade history project about the explorers and I chose Pizarro.  Now I am learning more about the country of Peru and the city of Lima in particular.  My heart brings me here. 
This is my third trip.  Eventually I will be moving here and making Lima home, for at least a while.  It can be difficult to find much information about Lima online, other than lists of the same few tourists’ attractions.  They are all worth seeing, but there is much more to the city than these. 

Therefore I am starting this blog.  I will share my stories, my experiences here.  It will be a way to give family and friends a glimpse into life in Lima and perhaps others who are considering a trip or move a little more information than they had before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment